TUSCAN SHRIMP PASTA
1 lb shrimp
¾ lb of pasta of your choice, al dente
2 cups spinach
1 package of sun-dried tomatoes
4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
4 cups italian blend cheese
2 tbsp minced garlic
5 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by melting 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat. In a separate bowl, season shrimp to your liking. I used Mrs. Dash, oregano, and basil.
2. Raise temperature to medium high. Cook shrimp on both sides for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a medium sized pot, melt 4 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add in garlic and sauté until fragrant.
4. Slowly add in flour, making sure that you are constantly stirring
5. Stir until the roux begins to smell nutty, or about 5-6 minutes. It may be clumpy, but that’s okay.
6. Raise heat to medium high and pour in heavy cream. Bring to a boil, making sure that you are constantly stirring so that the flour cooks out (about 6 minutes)
7. Reduce heat to low, and add in 2 cups of cheese. Stir thoroughly and constantly so no lumps form.
8. When the sauce thickens a bit, season with basil, oregano, Mrs. dash, lawry’s, paprika, Italian seasoning, minced onions, garlic powder, and salt. I did about 1 tsp of each. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking,
9. Add in sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, stir thoroughly so that the spinach wilts down.
10. Pour in milk and ¼ cup of cheese. Stir thoroughly and taste one last time to adjust seasoning to your liking.
11. Add in shrimp and noodles. Toss so that the sauce is evenly distributed throughout. Remove from heat.
12. Preheat oven to 335.
13. Pour half of the pasta into baking dish. Top with a handful of cheese.
14. Pour the rest of the pasta into the baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
15. Turn oven off and set broiler to 495. Remove foil from pasta and broil for 2 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes then serve!♥️