BLACKENED CATFISH TOPPED WITH A CRAWFISH CREAM SAUCE
2 Catfish Fillets
Blackened seasoning blend 1⁄2 tbsp of olive oil
8 oz of crawfish tails
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of flour
1⁄3 of a yellow onion chopped 1 tbsp of garlic
16 oz of Heavy cream
4 oz of Cream cheese
1 cup of monterey cheese
1⁄2 cup of pepper jack cheese
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Season both sides of the catfish with the blackened seasoning.
3. Place fish in the skillet, and cook on both sides for about three minutes.
4. Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel.
crawfish cream sauce
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add in chopped onions, and saute until nearly translucent.
3. Add in garlic, and when fragrant, stir in the flour.
4. Stir for about 2 minutes, then add in the heavy cream.
5. Raise heat to medium high until it is slightly boiling.
6. Add in the cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted.
7. Season with tony’s, garlic powder, onion powder, and old bay. About 1⁄2 tbsp of each.
8. Add in the monterey and pepper jack cheese. Stir until melted.
9. Reduce heat to medium low and stir in crawfish tails.
10. Remove from heat and let sit for about 2 minutes. Garnish with parsley, chives, and/or
green onions and serve!
I served this dish over potatoes, but you can pair it with whatever you’d like!